Japan’s interest in outside technologies, new ideas and foreign startups has never been greater. It is the world’s third-largest economy and is home to hundreds of multinational enterprises. Japan is fully embracing digital transformation and open innovation. Now is the right time for British Columbia technology companies seeking large corporate clients, strategic partnerships or funding in the Japanese market.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) at the Embassy of Canada to Japan is pleased to announce the Tokyo Digital Technology - Canadian Technology Accelerator Program (CTA@JP). This targeted business development program aims to support a maximum of eight selected Canadian technology companies to gain the knowledge and connections needed to fast-track their entry in Japan.
British Columbia’s trade and investment representatives in Japan are working with the TCS and the Embassy of Canada in Japan to identify fast-growing technology companies in the following areas:
• smart manufacturing
• logistics and supply chain
• enterprise solutions, particularly digitalization and productivity solutions
• property tech
The accelerator program will run from March-June 2021 and includes two to five hours of training per week. Through this program, you will access:
• in-depth workshops and webinars on market insights, business culture, and market-entry strategies to better prepare you for doing business in Japan
• mentorship and strategic networking opportunities providing advice on engaging and pitching to key contacts in Japan
• tailored business development support and introductions to potential buyers, investors and strategic partners
Get ready to succeed in Japan! If you are a B.C. technology company that is serious about accelerating your business presence in the Japanese market, the Tokyo Digital Technology – Canadian Accelerator Program is a tremendous opportunity.
Join the CTA@JP program and scale your technology company in Japan! Apply here
The application deadline is February 19, 2021, 23:59 PST.
Learn more about Trade and Invest B.C. virtual events and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay current on upcoming opportunities.