View the Full Listing Details on Spacelist
About Bastion House
Bastion House is a four storey, 19,945 sf office building constructed in 1974 on the historic site of the Old Mechanics Literary Institute. A plaque located outside the buildng commemorates the history of the site and the many uses of the earlier building which was constructed in 1864 and demolished in 1972. City Hall was located here in 1886 and later an activity centre, school and jail. Prominantly located the building sits on the corner of Skinner and Bastion Streets at the foot of the Bastion Street Bridge, the Gateway to the City and "The Arts District". The City Parkade is located directly across the street. Numerous upgrades to the building have been completed over the past several years.