Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven pe... Read More
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
2024 BALSAM WAY, SQUAMISH, BC
Are you looking to get out on the open road and be your own boss or maybe you are looking to invest in a well-established business in British Columbia, CanadaA successful British Columbia moving company with the majority of business currently contracted in the Sea to Sky Corridor and North Shore Van...
38310 Buckley Ave, Squamish, BC, V8B
OpportunityTo lease from1,100 @ 6,600 square feet of prominent retail space with some store front onto Cleveland Avenue. Corner opportunities with premium exposure and visibility from Highway 99.LocationThis northwest corner of Buckley and Cleveland Avenues boasts high exposure while intercepting al...
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
Nano-Lit Technologies has embraced the importance of natural light in health and wellbeing, by developing quantum dot LED lighting fixtures with technology that mimics the highly saturated colours of sunlight. Nano-Lit delivers sunlight on demand by emulating the sun from sunrise to sunset... continue
Virtual reality, altered reality and video gaming are big business in British Columbia, and local companies have been attracting partnerships and investment from compatible international enterprises. It’s easy for businesses here to collaborate with Asian businesses because of frequent... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
British Columbia is fostering a culture of scientific research and education, especially in the field of life sciences. It’s an environment w...
The world market is increasingly interested in clean, renewable and environmental transportation solutions, and British Columbia is working to meet...
British Columbia offers a unique blend of lifestyle advantages. The temperate climate, cosmopolitan cities, clean environment and a breadth of outd...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.