Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven pe... Read More
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
8650 Cinnamon Dr, Burnaby, BC
Arcanamation is a full-scale animation studio with the creative and production capabilities to create high-quality branded entertainment with a focus on original content. Arcana creates feature-length computer-generated films that transcend age, gender and cultural boundaries, delivering new charact...
38082 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC
38165 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC, V8B 0C4
Klein Group presents a unique opportunity to purchase 850 -1,726 SF of prime retail space within the new Cleveland Gardens complex in the middle of downtown Squamish. Ideal for investors and user occupiers alike, these retail units are situated in close proximity to schools, the Squamish public libr...
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
Virtual reality, altered reality and video gaming are big business in British Columbia, and local companies have been attracting partnerships and investment from compatible international enterprises. It’s easy for businesses here to collaborate with Asian businesses because of frequent... continue
Having made a name for themselves locally as fresh, quality producers of British Columbia-grown produce, Windset Farms is now setting its sights on key markets in Asia.
Windset Farms has been delivering fresh produce for more than two decades, growing into one of North America’s most... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
British Columbia’s creative industry is well established, with world-class film, television, visual effects, animation and post-production co...
If you are looking for a thriving location to expand your business, one of British Columbia’s fastest growing economic regions could be the p...
B.C.’s network of regional economic trusts stimulates economic development, attracting investment and talent to communities around the provin...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.