Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven pe... Read More
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
215-625 Howe St, Vancouver, BC
This is an opportunity to invest in a unique business model that is a combination of franchise and independent business in the Lower Mainland.The franchise brand is renowned for its custom window coverings sales and installation services in North America. This company owns multiple territories with ...
38180 Cleveland Avenue, Squamish, BC, V8B 0C4
Freestanding building For Lease. Full kitchen with vent and the space is now vacant. The upstairs is great for office and storage space. The tenant must take the whole building....
2803 W 35th Ave, Vancouver, BC
This fuel saving/engine performance improvement technology has been successfully used by a hundreds of shipping companies around the world and proven to be very effective.@A brand new US 10,851,710 B2 patent has been obtained Dec. 1, 2020.More detailed information about this technology@ can be found...
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
British Columbia boasts a range of opportunities in film, television, game development and virtual and altered reality. It’s what made Vancouver the ideal location for Vaudeville Studio’s new Canadian studio.
Vaudeville’s U.K. and U.S. post audio studios are based out of London... continue
Nano-Lit Technologies has embraced the importance of natural light in health and wellbeing, by developing quantum dot LED lighting fixtures with technology that mimics the highly saturated colours of sunlight. Nano-Lit delivers sunlight on demand by emulating the sun from sunrise to sunset... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
British Columbia (B.C.) is a prime investment location with rich natural resources and a skilled, educated workforce that is committed to innovatio...
There are two imminent challenges British Columbia (B.C.) faces alongside humanity—COVID-19 and climate change. For the former, we have seen ...
The film industry in British Columbia (B.C.) continues to flourish with major international projects like Pachinko, Peter Pan, and Riverdale curren...
The United Nations General Assembly has designated 2021 the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables with an appeal to improve healthy and susta...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.