Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
2307 47th Ave, Vancouver, BC
The store is located in an affluent area, Kerrisdale in Vancouver where young Chinese family population is growing, yet not enough businesses to service them. Currently the store features unique specialty organic produce items and local culinary products. Its floor space can easily display multiple ...
1-1861 Mamquam Rd,, Squamish, BC
Inspired by kids and named after a family-owned toy store in rural Manitoba, One Small Room is a children’s boutique focusing on a thoughtful selection of clothing, books and accessories made by local, independent and/or environmentally responsible brands. The boutique features a growing number of e...
1900 Garibaldi Way, Squamish, BC, V8B 0P9
THE OPPORTUNITY Garibaldi Village Shopping Centre is comprised of 39,153 SF of rentable area, located directly on Highway 99 in Squamish. Squamish is a thriving community currently experiencing unprecedented growth. Recent investment in the area includes the $600 million upgrade to the Sea-to-Sky Hi...
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
Having made a name for themselves locally as fresh, quality producers of British Columbia-grown produce, Windset Farms is now setting its sights on key markets in Asia.
Windset Farms has been delivering fresh produce for more than two decades, growing into one of North America’s most... continue
A New York-based company that provides shared office space for tech startups and freelancers will attract up to 1,500 clients when it opens a new space in downtown Vancouver, strengthening British Columbia’s position as an emerging global tech hub.WeWork provides entrepreneurs, small... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
British Columbia’s Okanagan region is best known for delicious fruit, world-class wines and eco-adventure tourism. Those qualities are now co...
British Columbia has a robust Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry with over 2,650 companies and more than 20,500 jobs spa...
Who would have thought that augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) would one day be the future of the mining industry? It is true and what...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.