Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven pe... Read More
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
15661 76A Ave, Surrey, BC, BC, V3S 3P9
Westcoast Chem-Dry Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning is an Investment Opportunity in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This Investment Opportunity allows you to join the #1 Carpet Cleaning Franchise in Entrepreneur Magazine for 31 years under the Carpet Cleaning franchise category....
Whistler, Whistler, BC
This very successful hair and esthetics salon has been in operation for many years and provides a very strong EBITDA (Earnings Before Income Tax, Depreciation and Amortization) It is located in a high traffic area along the Sea to Sky corridor. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a lucrative business...
38144 2nd Ave, Squamish, BC, V8B
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
Nano-Lit Technologies has embraced the importance of natural light in health and wellbeing, by developing quantum dot LED lighting fixtures with technology that mimics the highly saturated colours of sunlight. Nano-Lit delivers sunlight on demand by emulating the sun from sunrise to sunset... continue
Virtual reality, altered reality and video gaming are big business in British Columbia, and local companies have been attracting partnerships and investment from compatible international enterprises. It’s easy for businesses here to collaborate with Asian businesses because of frequent... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
In June 2019, Premier John Horgan embarked on a nine-day visit to Europe. The objectives of this visit were to commemorate D-Day, as well as to exp...
British Columbia’s fresh and diverse seafood products took centre stage at the B.C. Seafood Expo in Comox Valley on Vancouver Island earlier ...
British Columbia has a progressive and thriving information and communications technology (ICT) ecosystem, made up of more than 5,300 com...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.