Region: Lower Mainland/Southwest
Regional District: Squamish-Lillooet
Squamish, BC is a vibrant, growing community in the heart of Sea to Sky country, mid-way between Vancouver and Whistler. World class outdoor recreation assets draw people to visit and move here for a balanced lifestyle that offers some of the best mountain biking, rock climbing, kite boarding, hiking, and snowsport opportunities anywhere.
• Young, educated, adventure-driven pe... Read More
• Young, educated, adventure-driven people are flocking to Squamish for a change of lifestyle, and they are finding it. With one of the fastest growing population growth rates in the Province of B.C., Squamish has grown at 14% over the past five years to a population of 19,893 at the last census (2016). Approximately 74% of the population is under the age of 40, according to 2016 Census data.
• The median household income in Squamish is over $88,366— approximately 26% higher than the B.C. median household income ($69,995, 2016 census).
• Unique Outdoor Recreation Lifestyle – Nestled between ocean and mountains, the small-town setting, spectacular natural environment, and world class outdoor recreation make for a lifestyle few places can offer. Being ‘hardwired for adventure’, no other place offers so many outdoor recreation pursuits in such proximity.
• Multimodal Transportation Infrastructure (deep sea port, rail, highway) – Our infrastructure moves cargo to major markets worldwide and is connected to industrial land development opportunities. A newly upgraded highway improves travel time to Vancouver and Whistler (45 minutes each way).
• Expanding Business Community – Education, Tourism, Manufacturing, and Retail industries are experiencing growth in Squamish, with the majority of local businesses planning expansions.
View facts and figures about Squamish, BC to help inform your investment research. Click the title to expand and display the statistics.
NOTE: Driving distances are measured using the road/ferry network starting with a key point in a community (e.g main office address).
2803 W 35th Ave, Vancouver, BC
This fuel saving/engine performance improvement technology has been successfully used by a hundreds of shipping companies around the world and proven to be very effective.@A brand new US 10,851,710 B2 patent has been obtained Dec. 1, 2020.More detailed information about this technology@ can be found...
41312 Government Road, Squamish, BC, V0N 1H0
1091 Commercial Place, Squamish, BC, V8B
Garibaldi Business Park is Squamish's latest industrial project offering tilt-up concrete warehouse units from 2882 to over 15,000 square feet. The site has a prominent position on Commercial Place with high visibility from Queens Way, the major arterial route, and is only 3 blocks from CN Rail and ...
Whistler, British Columbia is known as a world–class ski resort and one of the host cities for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but it is also now being recognized as home to one of the world’s preeminent resort planners.Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners has designed resorts and... continue
British Columbia boasts a range of opportunities in film, television, game development and virtual and altered reality. It’s what made Vancouver the ideal location for Vaudeville Studio’s new Canadian studio.
Vaudeville’s U.K. and U.S. post audio studios are based out of London... continue
Nano-Lit Technologies has embraced the importance of natural light in health and wellbeing, by developing quantum dot LED lighting fixtures with technology that mimics the highly saturated colours of sunlight. Nano-Lit delivers sunlight on demand by emulating the sun from sunrise to sunset... continue
View the list of First Nations with asserted traditional territory in this area.
Learn more about Building Relationships with B.C. First Nations.
Water is an important resource in British Columbia (B.C.). The province has over 27,000 kilometres of coastline (more than all the United States), ...
Despite the challenges posed by COVID-19, businesses in British Columbia continue to grow and thrive. The BC Export Awards program recognizes the i...
Food safety, traceability and sustainability practices are the cornerstones of British Columbia’s (B.C.) seafood sector and have earned ...
In the 1980s, Carl Sagan, a celebrated astronomer and astrophysicist, invited television viewers aboard his Spaceship of the Imagination, where he ...
British Columbia has a vibrant Trade and Investment environment. Learn about recent industry success stories
throughout the province and across our many industry sectors.
Keep informed through our social networking sites. Follow us to join the conversation.