Export Navigator Services
The program offers access to community-based export specialists who can provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect your business to the appropriate market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts at every stage of the process.
Who is Eligible?
Export Navigator is open to growth-oriented small and medium-sized businesses within the six regional communities. Businesses must be willing to commit resources to the planning process, and sustaining a market entry strategy.
For services in your community, please call:
Community Futures Fraser Fort George
Charles Scott at email@example.com
Central Vancouver Island Region:
Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot
Darrell Goertzen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kurt Fischer at email@example.com
Economic Development Society
Geoff Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kootenay Boundary Region:
Community Futures Central Kootenay
Michael Hoher at email@example.com
North Okanagan Region:
Community Futures North Okanagan
Connie Viszlai at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Anderson at email@example.com
Pacific Northwest Region:
Community Futures Pacific Northwest
John Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eli Kelly at email@example.com
For businesses in the Lower Mainland and those outside of the pilot communities, the Province’s network of international Trade and Investment Representatives
and trade professionals are available to help you.
Questions and Answers
How does Export Navigator support B.C. businesses looking to access new markets?
- Businesses receive in-person guidance from an advisor with advanced knowledge in market expansion strategy. Advisors connect businesses to the right service at the right time, saving them time and money.
How quickly do I have to start entering new markets?
- Entering new markets takes time. Export Navigator’s goal is to help businesses work efficiently and effectively towards achieving their identified opportunities.
What does a good candidate look like?
- A business that can scale up operations, is willing to adapt its goods or services, and is able to self-fund or obtain financing for a sustained expansion strategy.
Is there a fee to participate in the Export Navigator program?
- No. Essential services (market entry readiness assessment, business needs assessment, etc.) are free. Clients referred to other service providers for additional support may be subject to a fee for services.
When will I find out if my business qualifies?
- Following the completion of a client self-assessment, you will meet with your export advisor to determine if your business would benefit from participation in Export Navigator.