Export Navigator Services
The program offers access to community-based export specialists who can provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect your business to the appropriate market information, export programs, financial services, and business development experts at every stage of the process.
Who is Eligible?
Export Navigator is open to growth-oriented small and medium-sized businesses within the six regional communities. Businesses must be willing to commit resources to the planning process, and sustaining a market entry strategy.
For services in your community, please call:
Community Futures Fraser Fort George
Charles Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Futures Peace Liard
Lilia Hansen at email@example.com
Vancouver Island - North Region:
Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot
Brady Calancie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Island - South Region:
Community Futures Cowichan
Fabrizio Alberico at email@example.com
Kootenay Boundary Region:
Community Futures Central Kootenay
Michael Hoher at firstname.lastname@example.org
North Okanagan Region:
Community Futures North Okanagan
Ken MacLeod at email@example.com
Pacific Northwest Region:
Community Futures Pacific Northwest
Mietka Zieba at firstname.lastname@example.org
For businesses in the Lower Mainland and those outside of the pilot communities, the Province’s network of international Trade and Investment Representatives
and trade professionals are available to help you.
Provincial Sector Export Advisors
Indigenous Business Export Advisor
Community Futures Development Corporation of Central Interior First Nations
Daphane Nelson at email@example.com
Women Business Export Advisor
Women's Enterprise Centre
Rita Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Answers
How does Export Navigator support B.C. businesses looking to access new markets?
- Businesses receive in-person guidance from an advisor with advanced knowledge in market expansion strategy. Advisors connect businesses to the right service at the right time, saving them time and money.
How quickly do I have to start entering new markets?
- Entering new markets takes time. Export Navigator’s goal is to help businesses work efficiently and effectively towards achieving their identified opportunities.
What does a good candidate look like?
- A business that can scale up operations, is willing to adapt its goods or services, and is able to self-fund or obtain financing for a sustained expansion strategy.
Is there a fee to participate in the Export Navigator program?
- No. Essential services (market entry readiness assessment, business needs assessment, etc.) are free. Clients referred to other service providers for additional support may be subject to a fee for services.
When will I find out if my business qualifies?
- Following the completion of a client self-assessment, you will meet with your export advisor to determine if your business would benefit from participation in Export Navigator.