Twitter, Yelp, and Zynga, as well as CBS Interactive, CNET, and MTS Networks are all nearby, providing what RocketSpace calls “the perfect ecosystem for startups.”
The Canadian Technology Accelerator at RocketSpace has eight desks and accepts up to two people per company. Placements are for a maximum of three months.
RocketSpace puts startups right in the middle of:
- the largest shared-work accelerator facility in San Francisco
- more than 130 post-seed-funded startups
- weekly visits from leading venture capitalists and corporate investors
- blue-chip brands representing millions of potential customers, including corporate partners such as Lego, Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, and GM
- regular speaker events and classes
- research and analysis
- free printing, faxing, internet, private networks and meeting rooms.
RocketSpace’s analysts keep an eye on startups and highlight top companies that align with the interests and objectives of its members. Startup introductions are facilitated through private demo days, product pitches, and partnership meetings.
British Columbia alumni of the Canadian Technology Accelerator’s three-month program at RocketSpace include:
- SendToNews: a digital news agency
- Youneeq: a real time content personalization engine
- 7Geese: a social performance management tool to help employees track goals, receive recognition and gather feedback.
- Weddingful: an online market for the wedding industry
British Columbia companies currently at RocketSpace are:
- Pug Pharm: the first company to offer a full end-to-end engagement solution within its Picnic™ customer engagement engine.
- Wifarer: developers of a technology that enables accurate navigation and pathfinding within a venue where GPS does not effectively function.
- Sharedesk: an online marketplace for shared workspaces, allowing mobile workers, business travelers, and entrepreneurs to discover shared workspaces and book them under flexible terms.
- Learndot: the world’s first corporate university platform, offering a cloud-hosted service for creating branded online learning centers.
RocketSpace Alumni Rave About Their Experience
"The RocketSpace staff were great as far as networking and steering us in the right direction. The location is incredible in downtown San Francisco - great energy there. Events and speakers come in on a regular basis including Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. The RocketSpace team has been excellent at making introudctions and I'm grateful that B.C. provided us with the opportunity!"
— David Davies of Victoria-based SendToNews, a cloud-based social networking platform for news professionals and content creators to share story ideas and transfer broadcast quality multimedia content.
"Being part of the Canadian Accelerator at RocketSpace is incredible. They have provided us with an opportunity to be at ground zero for technology entrepreneurs and they've helped us navigate the waters down here. It's hard being the new kids on the block but the team are helping us make the best of this tremendous opportunity."
"By networking at RocketSpace I have been able to meet with four C100 members and received valuable feedback on our new product, 7Geese.com. I was able to demo our product to other Canadian start-up CEOs and got insights on how to improve the product. I also met with VC firms and business development partners to build the relationships required to grow. All this happened within the first 2 weeks!"
— Murray Galbraith of Victoria-based Youneeq, which develops cutting-edge sales and marketing technologies and solutions based on behavioural marketing and business intelligence.
— Amin Palizban of Vancouver-based Paltech Solutions, the maker of 7Geese, social software that enhances company performance and culture.