The Canadian Government has programs which offer funding and support to help businesses successfully transition to export.
- Funding and support programs for doing international business. Get financial support and personalized advice to connect with potential foreign partners, pursue new business opportunities abroad or attract foreign investment into Canadian communities.
- CanExport funding for exporters, innovators, associations and communities. This section includes support for small and medium-sized enterprises, funding to support R&D, funding for industry associations and trade organizations, and funding for communities and non-profit, locally based organizations.
- Support for specific audiences and sectors; including women in international trade, technology, innovation, COVID-19 capabilities, Indigenous business, and post-secondary institutions.
- Funding and support services from partners; including Business Development Bank of Canada, Export Development Canada, EUREKA international research and development network, Invest in Canada incentives
- Business growth and support in the form of Canada's Trade Accelerator Program, the Canadian Commercial Corporation, Forum for International Trade Training (FITT), Futurpreneur Canada, Innovation Canada, Startup Canada
We leverage our position at the heart of the government to help businesses, buyers and investors successfully do business in British Columbia, Canada. Our teams are located in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates in cities around the world.
Find more details on all the funding and program options offered by Canada's Trade Commissioner Service.