There are significant investment opportunities, including building and maintaining transportation infrastructure, in British Columbia, Canada.
There are also excellent opportunities in aerospace and marine manufacturing and maintenance.
British Columbia is well positioned for continued growth in the transportation sector.
Watch this short video to learn more about Transportation in British Columbia.
- B.C.’s aerospace sector is globally recognized for its excellence in delivering highly specialized products and services. The sector is supported by a network of post-secondary institutions that provide a deep pool of skilled workers .
- We are a major hub for the Pacific Northwest and Canada’s growing aerospace industry. For example, Vancouver is close to Seattle, Washington, home of Boeing’s final assembly and integration production lines.
- Our well-established marine manufacturing and maintenance industry includes leading boat manufacturers and companies with high tech marine expertise.
- British Columbia is the home of the multi-billion-dollar non-combat fleet renewal program under Canada’s National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) which creates significant new opportunities for British Columbia companies in the marine manufacturing and maintenance sector.
Transportation Sector Snapshot
We are making major investments in seaports, airports, railways and highways, building on the excellent links we already offer as the gateway of choice connecting North America with the Asia-Pacific region.
- British Columbia plans significant investment in private and public sector transportation improvements. Companies located here will enjoy excellent opportunities for growth.
- We have become a leading centre for aircraft manufacturing, advanced materials, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, modifications, fleet management, aerial firefighting and aerospace education, training and simulation.
- British Columbia has a long history of working with the private sector to design and build new transportation infrastructure and to maintain highways.
Learn about British Columbia’s range of attractive business incentives
Business for Sale
Gourmet Catering Business
West Coast, West Coast, BC
An established catering company on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. This business has been in operation for@9@years generating on average@$570,000 in sales annually. This is a turn-key business with everything already in place.Currently the business focuses@on catering with takeout offered 4 days...
Business for Sale
Successful Automotive Business
501 Stanford Ave E, Parksville, BC
Established automotive repair, maintenance @ restoration@business.Sussex Automotive Ltd. is a successful company which has@established an enviable reputation on Vancouver Island for the past 13 years, by applying an honest and customer friendly approach to service and restoration of cars@from many e...