There are significant investment opportunities, including building and maintaining transportation infrastructure, in British Columbia, Canada.
There are also excellent opportunities in aerospace and marine manufacturing and maintenance.
British Columbia is well positioned for continued growth in the transportation sector.
Watch this short video to learn more about Transportation in British Columbia.
- B.C.’s aerospace sector is globally recognized for its excellence in delivering highly specialized products and services. The sector is supported by a network of post-secondary institutions that provide a deep pool of skilled workers .
- We are a major hub for the Pacific Northwest and Canada’s growing aerospace industry. For example, Vancouver is close to Seattle, Washington, home of Boeing’s final assembly and integration production lines.
- Our well-established marine manufacturing and maintenance industry includes leading boat manufacturers and companies with high tech marine expertise.
- British Columbia is the home of the multi-billion-dollar non-combat fleet renewal program under Canada’s National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) which creates significant new opportunities for British Columbia companies in the marine manufacturing and maintenance sector.
Transportation Sector Snapshot
We are making major investments in seaports, airports, railways and highways, building on the excellent links we already offer as the gateway of choice connecting North America with the Asia-Pacific region.
- British Columbia plans significant investment in private and public sector transportation improvements. Companies located here will enjoy excellent opportunities for growth.
- We have become a leading centre for aircraft manufacturing, advanced materials, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, modifications, fleet management, aerial firefighting and aerospace education, training and simulation.
- British Columbia has a long history of working with the private sector to design and build new transportation infrastructure and to maintain highways.
Learn about British Columbia’s range of attractive business incentives
Investments & Partnerships
Kaslo Aerodome Lands (see mktg content for details)
312 Fourth St, Kaslo, BC
The Village of Kaslo holds approximately 200 acres of land that accommodate the community aerodrome (3700'x 60' asphalt, registered/ uncertified/ no winter maintenance), some privately leased hangars and gravel extraction activities. Proposals for additional development or use of this land for econo...